Monday, January 11, 2010

That Man Dan

I love him cause:
He's either not willing to oblige in photos....

Or he's too willing...


He's kind to animals:



(Bobby on a chain)


(Bobby the Exclusive Bretheren)


(Dances with wolves sheep)


(Sparkler VS. Buck)


(Bobby meets the roof)


(Yanking Mr Tumnus's horns)


(Teaching Bobby bad habits)

DISCLAIMER: No animals were harmed in the taking of these photos.... unless you count their dignity.

He always finds what he's looking for:


(On the rampage looking for the Cookies that I hid. He found them. R.I.P Cookies.)

He's an amazing cook:



(This picture really does no justice to this AMAZING Burger. I'd happily eat it again over Burger Fuel.)


He's ingenious:


(He made a capflap)

( He made me a preggy belly bed to watch TV)

He buys me things unexpectedly:


He's subtle:

(I forget to throw shampoo bottles out so we end up gathering somewhat of a collection in the shower. I found these in the carport. He'd thrown them out the bathroom window.)

(Proving that he's not the only one that leaves empty toilet rolls in the can.)

He's my hero:

(One day he saved my life by cutting me out of a death dress... with his pocket knife)
He's brave and eats my experiments:
His revenge is NASTY:


(I was wearing his beloved "comfy pants" so he paid me back by wearing my clean robe, singlet and undies over his filthy cow poo ridden overalls until I took the pants off and put them back.)
He's real good at taking my picture:

He fixes my broke stuff:

He gave me her:
This list will never come close to capturing even the slightest essence of the very man I married.
He's a discrete giver and it's hard for me not to shout from the roof tops all the amazing things he does in private.
But since you asked, here are some points:

*He gives away his hard earned work bonus's.
*He's only taken 1 sick day in our 4 years of marriage.
*He tried adopting an abused child.
*Last week he told me to do nothing.. no cleaning, no cooking and gave me money to spend on myself in town.
*He's the first to step in when someone is being treated unjustfully.
*He's quick to forgive me for my wrongs.
*He builds me up in public.
*He flares his nostrils when he's trying to keep a straight face.
*He doesn't mind singing a bit of SuBo in the shower.
*He warms up my side of the bed in Winter.
*He makes me a coffee EVERY morning.
*He always gives me the biggest glass of coke.
*He sings Spice Girl songs at the top of his lungs with me in the car.
*He's a perfectionist on the BBQ.
*He never strives for recognition.
*He made and keeps our vege garden in pristine condition.
*He sings to my preggy belly.
*He can make anything.
*He includes others.
*He isn't hairy.
*He lets his farts out the bottom of the bed.
*He squashes disgusting bugs for me.
*He picks me flowers.
*He's a "Gleek".
*He wrote his future wife a letter in India before he knew me and read it out during our wedding reception.
*He has a kangaroo dance.
*He takes me to Auckland to shop monthly.
*He looks good driving Utes.
*He looks even better driving Tractors.
*He wants to assemble EVERYTHING.
*He always has a good idea.
*He finds this, this and this as hilarious as I do.
*He always knows what to do.
*He's loyal (to me, friends and employers).
*He never exaggerates.
*He never pretends to be somebody else.
*His eyes are like the ocean.
*He loads the dishwasher every morning.
*He makes perfect gravy.
*He's all mine.
I love you Dan.
I'm greatful you chose me to be your wife.

xo.



8 comments:

Dan the Van said...

naww thank you baby for being so loving and nice to me, i'm sure i dont deserve it for all the times i leave the towel on the ground or my dirty dishes on the clean side of the sink, or slurp my drink by ACCIDENT.
you compleat me in every way a wife is supposed to and if i had the time to write such a cool blog bout you blog land itself could not contain my words.
lots of love.
me.

Widge said...

oooh I feel like I'm peaking a bit through the curtains ;) but I just have to say how SWEET this post is! and hilarious!! what a super cool couple you guys are. All the best for the arrival of you new addition :)

PaisleyJade said...

I just love this so much!!!

PaisleyJade said...

wow - from symon, logged in as Kristy ;-)

Gail said...

hi! This is very cool! Very cool!

Anonymous said...

That was very very lovely. I remember you being very small, and the sunday school van picking you up (and me being terribly in love with Jeremy - anyhoo, THATS another story...) and now you are going to have a baby, woo hoo! So am I, in 8 days, but i already have 3 others so it doesn't really count. Good luck. you will love it. jodi x

I'm Betty said...

Flip! comments!
Widge - aww thanks heaps for ur comment :) and we so cant wait for this new addition to surface from ten thousand leagues under.... Speaking of being preggers... I could totally go for one of those huge choc chip cookies right now with like... a chicken kebab.... simultaneously.. mmm.
Paisley and Syms - Thanks fullas.. u guys are real encouraging. Will have to get "how to secure a potty in your car without splash-back" tips from you..
Gail - Hi back at ya and thank u muchly :)
Jodi - Aww thank you! THE SUNDAY SCHOOL BUS! oh my goodness, that was forever and a half ago.. Man Im itching to hear the Jeremy story though, how/when did you click I was his sister? Yay for you and ur little ones! Ive got two weeks to go... two weeks of swollen rhino feet then it's poo explosions and sleepless nights here I come! :D

Rachel Kate said...

awesome post betty-lizzle soon to be mother of not charlotte...
you are definitely one of the most amazing (and super funny) writers I know. you give me smiles and brighten up my day whenever i read your posts!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com